Missing the color of your spring garden? Add pops of beautiful Christmas color with a Fresh Christmas Planter! Mary-Ann, Prairie Gardens Plant Expert, shares her tips for making your own in a how-to video.
HOW TO MAKE A FRESH CHRISTMAS PLANTER
With PG Plant Expert MaryAnn
- Reuse your pots from spring! Just cut back or remove the old plant and use the soil for your fresh Christmas planter.
- Start with a focal – MaryAnn’s favorite pick? A tall spruce.
- Work your way from the middle of your planter out.
- Always give your branches another fresh cut using pruning sheers. Cut at an angle. This will allow your cuttings to more easily soak up water.
- Mix various textures and colors to make it interesting.
- Water about once a week or every other week.
- Add some beautiful pops of color with weather-resistant berries.
HAVE YOURSELF A FRESH CHRISTMAS
AT PRAIRIE GARDENS!
Enjoy an incredible selection of Fresh Cut Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Garlands and More, starting around the third week of November every Christmas season.