Our garden experts are constantly answering garden questions (that’s what they’re here for), so we’re plucking out the most popular ones and answering them right when they’re asked the most. On the docket: I can’t wait to garden! What can I plant now?
You Can Plant These in early April
As long as the ground is workable and not too wet.
- Cool-Season Veggies: Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts
- Cool-Season Annuals: Pansies, Ranunculus, Stock, Violas & more
- Seed Potatoes
- Onion Sets
- Asparagus Roots
- Strawberry Plants: All Star, Earliglow, Tribute and Honeoye
- Small Fruit Bushes & Vines: Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries, currants and grapes
- Fruit Trees: Apples, cherries, peaches and pears.
- Cool-season perennials: visit our greenhouse for our April selection.
- Shrubs, Trees and Evergreens
*If it looks like it is going to freeze, cover your cool-season annuals, veggies and perennials for extra protection.